Thursday, December 03, 2015

LG 32LD310 – 32 Inch LCD TV – DISPLAY PANEL CRACKED – From My Service Table Today

Abnormal Display along with Vertical Line Fault. LG 32LD310 31 inch LCD TV
 Received this LCD TV for repair today.  The party said that, it will work, but the left side of the screen won’t display any picture, while the right side is OK.  I switched ON the set in presence of the party.  The set did display a strange screen, as you can see here.
Some vertical lines along with faint video signal.  See the display.
I did notice that; there is a small crack at the top left side of the screen.  Pointed it out to party. It was at the left side of the screen, just below the upper border.  By gently pressing on that side; by bare fingers; some strange pattern began to display.  See the change while I press over the cracked part.
I did press at the right side of the display.  No such pattern.
Crack confirmed.  No other remedy than replace the display panel.  Party too did understand, and gave me work order to replace the display panel.
Here the set has vertical line fault too.  If it is confirmed after the replacement of new display panel, the T’Con board too should have to be replaced.  This fact too have been informed to party.
I've uploaded two clippings by You Tube.  
See it here =► Touch test
Line Fault due to defective display panel =► Line Fault - Defective LCD Panel